Monday, October 24, 2011

3rd Visit Nice Day



Squirrel in tree
It was a nice day today on 10/24/2011. The day was quiet and warm after the previous week of rain and chills. The ground was dry and covered with crispy leaves despite the rain in the early morning. I think that the animals were still hunkered down into their nests in the forest by my house. I did not see as much movement as I would have hoped for such a beautiful day. Early on while my friend was out there helping me take pictures we spotted a squirrels nest high up in a tree and I planned to keep a look out on it. Sitting there for 15 minutes I saw a squirrel in the trees running around and could not get my camera up intime to snap a picture. Instead I got a picture of the nest that it went into that I had spotted earlier while my friend was out there still. About 20 minutes in I saw another squirrel in the trees right out in front of me a ways (As the squirrel nest was to the left of me). Right as a I was leaving to go to my house  and meet back up with my friend I saw what looked like to be a small finch flying around, but i could not get a clear picture of the little thing. I have pictures here of me sitting next to my control variable of my sitting tree and the view it gives me straight forwards. Also I have pictures of the squirrel nest and the other squirrel I saw. Over all I got some good data today and I hope you look forward to seeing my next post on 10/31/2011; hope you are looking forward to it.

Squirrel nest in tree. 


Controlled variable of my sitting tree


Forward view of my sitting tree

1 comment:

  1. Good description and pics! Don't forget to include a temp and the length of day.

    ReplyDelete