Monday, October 31, 2011

4th visit, cold, but many more to come

6:30-7:00pm, 46 F˚ Monday October 31, 2011.






Walking out to my field study area I could see and smell that fall is in the air. As I was walking out a large  bird flew out of the trees. It could have been a hawk or a big crow. I went and sat at my normal tree and decided to take a couple pictures to pass the time. I am going to take a picture of the viewing area in front of me and watch it change from month to month.





As I sat out I saw 2 squirrels, a finch, and a red cardinal. They all seemed to be enjoying the fall air and the fact that the leaves were turning color and falling to the ground. Tonight was halloween and the animals were definitely on the move! They were also making a ton of noise. Birds were making noise all around me, but I could not identify where they came from. Have a happy halloween and expect more blogs from here on out.




2 comments:

  1. Be sure to note some of the changes from visit to visit! You have major changes in color/leaf fall since your last visit! Otherwise good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, don't forget length of day.

    ReplyDelete